With loads of activities happening this week on Catalina, there are plenty of opportunities for vacationers to get in their share of fun before leaving the place. Everything you need for relaxation and fun is right here. We have compiled a list of some of the stuff most people will like.
· Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure: This is a combination of walking tour, golf cart tour and bike tour, where you get the chance to treat the quaint town of Avalon into a giant game board, solving clues and completing challenges. It is a cool smartphone aided scavenger hunt where you can take in the sights and learn more about the history of the island by the time the activity ends. All you need is to connect to web-based software to get started.
· Catalina Scuba Luv, which is the newly re-opened S.N.U.B.A at Descanso Beach Club, mixes snorkeling and diving in the most enjoyable ways. The program lets customers get the opportunity to breathe underwater without the need for all the heavy gear, with all light gear included. It is a 90-minute experience that is sure to leave you feeling cheerful.
· Golf Gardens: Open from Sunday to Thursday, 09:00 am to 06:30 pm, and Fridays, 09:00 am to 09:00 pm (last tee at 8:00 pm).
· Catalina Backcountry: Looking for a custom activity to go with your desires and naturalist tendencies? Get a hiking tour and comfort camping in the backcountry.
· Catalina Island Golf Course: Play a 9-hole or 18-hole game on one of the oldest golf course in the country. Get complimentary use of a golf cart or a set of rental clubs through the purchase of doubles green fees from 01:00 – 03:00 pm.
· Catalina Transportation Services: You get free champagne along with 2 hours of backcountry adventure. The free roaming wild buffalo is one of the main attractions when you are spotting wildlife, and your driver will share the history of the island while you enjoy the ride.
· Descanso Beach Ocean Sports/Catalina Island Expeditions: Get a Kayak eco tour ‘Leopards and Lions!’ and seek out sea lions, leopard sharks, dolphins, harbor seals, bald eagles and other local fauna on this 2 hour coastal adventure. It is on daily from 09:00 – 11:00, costs $47 for adults, needs a reservation.
Spend quality time with one or more of these this weekend. When you get back to your suite at Hotel Metropole, the luxury and amenities will prove why this is the finest Catalina Island hotel by far.